9 Reasons Why You Should Get Involved in
National Cupcake Day™
National Cupcake Day™ is a cross-country fundraiser where animal lovers are encouraged to bake cupcakes and give them away in exchange for a donation. The money goes towards preventing animal cruelty and helping animals that have been abused, abandoned or neglected.
The event takes place on February 27th but we’re encouraging everyone to fundraise all month long. Proceeds go to SPCAs and participating Humane societies across Canada.
Before you say you’re too busy, you’re on a diet or you don’t bake, hear me out.
Here are nine reasons why I think you should get involved:
1) The state of the world is kind of sucky at the moment. This is an easy way to do some good.
2) You don’t have to train for a month to take part. (Though kudos to anyone who does!) Instead of walking, running or riding to raise money, here, you’re baking cupcakes.
3) You love animals. I see you out there, you can’t walk by a dog or a cat without petting them. You want to help those poor critters who are abused and neglected by their so-called guardians. We’re heard so many of those terrible stories lately.
4) Baking cupcakes is super easy. Trust me, I’m no pro baker. If I can do it, so can you.
5) Shortcuts are entirely permissible. Say yes to cupcake mix and premade frosting or to buying your cupcakes. It’s not about how well you bake.
6) It’s a fun thing to do with your kids on a rainy (or snowy!!) day.
7) For those still maintaining their resolutions, you don’t even have to EAT the cupcakes. You can donate directly to someone who has registered. (I will happily accept your donations. Just search under “participant.”)
8) You’ll be able to cross off “giving back” on your 2017 to-do list.
9) “Baking” a difference will make you feel great!
So, how do you go about this? Some ideas:
– Have a Cupcake Day party at home and encourage friends and family to drop by.
– Host a Cupcake Day party at work, encouraging everyone to bring cupcakes and a few bucks for donations.
– Ask your school if you can have a cupcake day party in the classroom.
– Forgo the party and delivery cupcakes to your donors.
– Donate directly to someone who is already registered as a host.
To learn more, to register, or to donate go to www.nationalcupcakeday.ca
– Kristina Matisic, avid animal lover, mediocre baker, spokesperson for National Cupcake Day™