Jody Vance

My Netflix – Your Netflix

Image: Adamkaz

Image: Adamkaz

Do you have cable?

I know so many who do not. I cannot live without it.

I love sports, and news, too much to cut the cord. I’m also mad about radio — the immediacy.  That said, I love Netflix, mind you I don’t get much time to watch it.  When I do watch….I, like millions of others, binge.

Typically, I binge watch when I’ve got the flu – like today. I start something and just keep going. Choosing a show is like choosing a paint colour — I’m sh*tty at it.

I’m a novice. I’ve never watched “Breaking Bad” or “Game of Thrones“… if not for my fabulous friend Nora Ahern — my Guru of all things good to watch — I’d have been lost.  She’s given me more than a few gems, shows to get lost in, fall in love with the characters and story.

My parameters: low stress-factor, high entertainment.

We touch on some fairly heady topics here on #mybackyard, but tonight – in my Advil Cold and Flu haze – it’s time to talk about what we love on Netflix. I will show you my list of Nora-approved programs if you show me yours….

(put your picks in the comments section with a little note of why you love it.)

The Good Wife (I love Will)
Homeland (I love Damien Lewis)

House of Cards (Robyn. Wright.)
Downton Abbey (OMG Maggie Smith)
Mr. Selfridge (helped me over my Downtown withdrawal)
Silk (kept on the British theme)
Suits (Donna/Louis)
Episodes (All. Of. It. hysterically funny)
Dr. Foster (still with the Brit theme – great writing)

currently watching: Scott & Bailey Ep 3

OK, back to the meds and my Netflix…..

• Reply Tina October 20, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Billions. The Affair. How to Get Away with Murder.

• Reply Karen Nelson October 20, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Chefs Table.. one of the best food related shows around.. even better then Parts Unknown and I love that a lot!

• Reply Karen Nelson October 20, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Movie- Deadpool… ..Ryan Reynolds.. need I say more

• Reply wendy Banham October 21, 2016 at 2:27 am

Scott and Bailey is the best! Happy valley is also awesome. The killing is good too, and the falls, also luther (drool) and shetland (outdoorsy drool). Just trust me

• Reply Barb October 21, 2016 at 5:43 pm

I have a hard time with a weekly commitment to any TV show. Thank goodness for my PVR. My daughter binge watches Bones, Criminal Minds, etc. And i didn’t get it…until I sat down, when sick, and watched an episode of Downtown Abbey. When I got back up it was 3 days later and I was thru 2 or 3 seasons. My husband binged on Narcos – I had to pass. Too high stress for me.
    As I sit down tonight for ‘Friday Nite Pizza & Netflix’ with my cousins we will find something to binge on – perhaps something from your faves.
    Happy weekend

• Reply Karen Nelson October 22, 2016 at 2:12 am

It’s 2am and I just finished watching the Justin Timberlake 20/20 tour finale in Vegas earlier this year… oh My Good God… nothing keeps me away til 2Am…. watch it people!!!